Monday, May 9, 2011

note from a chickadee

It is a strange thing to be a world away.
To rely on the scribbles scratched somewhere
between the heart and the mind.
To lace meaning and love in every dotted i.
To fold in comfort and caring, delicate as egg whites
in once a year cakes mixes.
It’s a strange thing to have someone’s smile
crackle cross my being like some kind of
ecstasy that’s got a hold on me every time
I see her in the flowers of spring.
Red amaryllis glasses about her eyes
forever fixed on my happiness and wellness.

Violet wisteria draped about her heart
always given to others before herself. I see it
hang in overflowing clusters.
Lilac clusters like grapes that never wither, and
as always there must be more.
more songs
more warmth
more love
more life
that I could pass onto her from this world away.

More ways to tell her that I see her in the sunshine,
and find her kindness and caring overwhelming.
It flows through me like a river, and passes on to all those
I come to have the pleasure of knowing.
So even a world away, she changes my life every day,
and I hope she sees this and smiles today.








No comments:

Post a Comment